Studio Assistant (Part Time)
Come and join the Futur!
Based in sunny Brighton, FuturLab are a small game development studio looking for an experienced part time studio assistant. This is an ideal role for someone who loves to be organised and is happiest when busy and helping people. Knowledge and/or interest in video games is not required for this position.
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly, helpful and positive demeanor.
- Comfortable and proficient with Microsoft office software.
- Ability to multi-task and use own initiative.
- Able to demonstrate previous office and admin skills.
- Smart, personable and presentable.
- Setting up the studio for the day: emptying dishwasher, putting coffee on etc.
- Collecting and distributing post.
- Answering and directing phone calls on reception.
- Answering the door buzzer to greet guests. Make them comfortable by taking coats and providing refreshments.
- Accepting and unpacking deliveries.
- Keeping the kitchen clean and tidy.
- Ensuring the kitchen is always stocked with tea, coffee, milk, fruit etc.
- Ordering stationary and other office supplies.
- Ordering furniture, software licences etc.
- Keeping the studio space tidy, includes sorting recycling and clearing meeting rooms.
- Water plants on a weekly basis.
- Arranging transportation and accommodation for business trips.
- Help to arrange social events and expos.
- Assist with maintaining good Health and Safety, Fire Safety and First Aid practices around the office.
- Liaise with building manager when needed.
- Assist Development Director with general admin duties.
This is a part time role with fixed hours of 8:30 to 12:30 Monday to Friday, with the potential for an increase in hours if the business needs change.
Please check out the Life at FuturLab page (www.futurlab.co.uk/life-at-futurlab) for all reasons why you’d love working here!
If you have the skills and experience (and think that working by the sea side with a lovely bunch of people seems like a fantastic idea) then please email your latest CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the United Kingdom and be willing to relocate / commute to the Brighton area.
SALARY RANGE: £21,000 – £25,000 pro rata (£12,000 to £14,285 actual). 20 hours per week, salary dependent on experience.
Closing date for applications is Monday 15th May 2017.
Unfortunately candidates without a valid UK work Visa cannot be considered.
Don’t see anything for you?
If you have an impressive portfolio of any kind, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your latest CV and a link to any of your work online, as we’re always interested to hear from enthusiastic and talented people
Please note that we’re working flat out making all kinds of awesome, and don’t always have the time to reply to speculative applications.
Essential Tips When Sending Your CV
- Spell and format our company name correctly
- Mention at least one of our games
- Mention why you think your skills will help contribute to our games.
A Note To Recruiters
In the nicest way, please don’t get in touch, we’ll get in touch if we need you 🙂
Want To Be A Game Artist?
Read this post: Want to be a game artist?