Come and join the Futur!
The team behind the critically acclaimed Velocity series has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced C++ programmer with a keen interest in VR, to join them in their Brighton office.
FuturLab is in the unique position of having complete creative control of its own IP, therefore this position is ideal for someone who is keen to have their ideas listened to, and will enjoy seeing their work highly visible within a finished product. It’s essential that you are passionate about games and care about creating high quality and fun experiences.
• You consider yourself an A-player, which means you’re among the best that you know in your field of expertise.
• Given your level of talent and skill, people are often surprised by your lack of ego, and have complimented you on your patience and temperament. This is important because our team is comprised of smart, talented people, who are also very nice. If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
• You come highly recommended by your peers, with a reputation that precedes you.
• Expert in C++ with at least 3 years experience in the games industry.
• Experience of working with Unreal 4 and Unity.
• At least one shipped console title under your belt.
• Experience with VR a plus.
• Ability to effectively itemise tasks and assign realistic time scales to them.
• Excellent communication skills with a friendly, helpful and positive demeanor.
• Working knowledge of Agile Development/Hansoft a plus.
• Work with the Technical Director, department leads and other programmers to design the game code and contribute to technical design documents.
• Work closely with the Creative Director and Designers to rapidly iterate gameplay.
• Ensure all code is produced to the required standard and all TRCs are followed.
• Be proud of your code and test thoroughly to ensure that there are no bugs.
• Work with the Producer to break out tasks into clear and manageable chunks.
• Report progress to Technical Director and inform them of any implementation issues promptly.
• Take pride in producing a kick-ass game!
Exciting things are happening at FuturLab right now, check out the Life at FuturLab page for reasons why you’d love working here!
If you have the skills, experience and passion for games then please get in touch as we’d love to hear from you!
Email your latest CV and a cover letter along with any examples of work to email@example.com
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate eligibility and a VALID WORKING VISA to work in the United Kingdom and be willing to relocate / commute to the Brighton area.
SALARY: Dependent on experience + performance related bonus.
Candidates without a valid UK work Visa cannot be considered.
Nothing here for you?
Don’t worry, if you have an impressive portfolio of any kind, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your latest CV and a link to any of your work online, as we’re always interested to hear from enthusiastic and talented people.
Please note that we’re working flat out making all kinds of awesome, and don’t always have the time to reply to speculative applications.
Essential Tips When Sending Your CV
- Spell and format our company name correctly
- Mention at least one of our games
- Mention why you think your skills will help contribute to our games.
A Note To Recruiters
In the nicest way, please don’t get in touch, we’ll get in touch if we need you
Want To Be A Game Artist?
Read this post: Want to be a game artist?